Position: Executive Assistant - External Relations
Type: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About The Partnership
The Partnership for Inner-City Education (“the Partnership”) is a pioneering network of six independent, inner-city Pre-K-8th grade Catholic schools in the South Bronx and Harlem which builds off the proven legacy of Catholic education in character and values formation and draws upon lessons learned from high-performing charter, public and Catholic schools across the country.
The Partnership’s dreams for its students don’t end with 8th grade graduation. The Partnership wants to help its students sustain and leverage the gains they make in Pre-K through 8th grade to be sure they are prepared for high school, college, and careers and able to be productive, caring members of their communities.
In addition to benefitting the 2,066 students that the Partnership serves, our work is gaining significant attention in the national education reform community and has the potential to impact Catholic inner-city education far more broadly. Well poised to make a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of children and families, the Partnership is best characterized by its entrepreneurial spirit and results-driven culture.
For more information about the Partnership, please visit our website: www.partnershipnyc.org.
Executive Assistant - External Relations
The Executive Assistant to the External Relations team will report to the Senior Director of External Relations and support all members of the team in all aspects of their work. This key role will help to coordinate and manage all efforts that drive towards the team’s goal to raise $6MM in FY2016, building to $10MM by FY2020. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail- oriented and efficient, able to create and implement systems to support all aspects of our work, while anticipating and accommodating needs and issues before they arise. He/she will be collaborative, conscientious and goal- oriented with a willingness to take appropriate initiative with an understanding of how each specific task contributes to the goal.
- Maximizing Salesforce as a platform to record, report and manage all donor relations activities
- Maintain all donor records, including timely updates on activities and status changes
- Report current and “in the pipeline” results to help analyze and re-focus our work
- Update and maintain records of results
- Coordinate appropriate acknowledgement of donations
- Ensure that staff members are reminded of upcoming deadlines and tasks to move relationships and projects forward
- Set calendars and reminders for all donor relations activities, including meetings, proposals, reports and donor outreach
- Ensure materials are prepared, collated and distributed in a timely manner
- Support the planning and execution of all department events
- Provide assistance in prioritizing projects and workflow
- Work cooperatively with all departments within the organization to facilitate shared projects and goals
Desired Skill Set
- Significant familiarity and comfort with technology tools and systems that support our work and/or comparable products and platforms
- Salesforce for Non-Profits
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Vertical Response
- Highly organized and able to track and coordinate a broad range of efforts
- Willingness to take initiative when necessary and appropriate, while being mindful of the need to engage and inform team members of projects and activities
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems or issues
- Ability to set clear priorities when juggling multiple projects
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to manage multiple projects or efforts simultaneously
- Proactive/willingness to ask questions and push initiatives forward
- Ability to take direction, execute against it and be accountable for responsibilities and work
- Strong work ethic, team oriented, sense of humor, and “roll-up-your- sleeves” attitude
- Willingness/comfort with organizing others
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Ability to handle items of a sensitive nature with discretion
- Significant familiarity with Salesforce for Non-Profits (or another comparable donor management platform) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- 2-4 years experience supporting a fast paced team
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings, as needed
- Ability to engage seamlessly with donors and other constituents in a professional way that furthers the reputation of the organization and supports the work.
- Experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies and an understanding of how the various tactics build to a well-defined goal – preferred, but not required
- BA degree
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter and resume with your last name, “Executive Assistant - External Relations” in the subject line to email@example.com